Just English Exploring Reading & Writing Skills is the first of a two-level reading and writing series by Just English for beginning and elementary learners of English. This revised edition of Exploring Reading & Writing Skills contains short reading passages with accompanying exercises to facilitate comprehension, vocabulary development, critical and speaking skills. The short texts deal with a variety of topics of personal and common interest. They enable learners to practise skimming and scanning for information and to learn vocabulary associated with the topics. These texts are also models for building language skills in preparation to write. Learners are supported to structure grammatically correct sentences and then to organise sentences into cohesive and coherent paragraphs.
Features of Just English Exploring Reading & Writing Skills are:
- Short reading texts on topics of personal and common interest.
- Pre-reading questions and activities to lead students into the texts.
- Post-reading comprehension and vocabulary questions to assess understanding.
- Critical thinking activities to develop learners' higher order thinking skills.
- Clarification of key grammar points and written structures that appear in the reading texts and writing exercises.
- A variety of practice tasks to build basic writing skills.